Simple bone broth that is packed full of flavor and good for the body.
- 2 RAIKES BEEF MARROW BONES
- 2 RIBS OF CELERY, LEAVES ATTACHED, CUT IN HALF
- 2 LARGE CARROTS, CUT INTO QUARTERS
- 1 MEDIUM ONION, LEAVE THE SKIN ON, REMOVING THE DRY OUTER LAYERS. CUT INTO QUARTERS.
- 1 BAY LEAF
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES, SMASHED
- 2 TBSP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- 9-10 CUPS WATER
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lay bones on a baking sheet-roast for 60 minutes.
While bones are roasting-cut up veggies and place in crock pot, along with bay leaf, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Place roasted bones in crock pot.
Set slow cooker on low-cover and cook for 18-36 hours. (you might need to add a little water now and then to keep the bones and veggies submerged)
Once bone broth is done, remove veggies and bones.
Place broth in refrigerator to solidify fat. Remove fat, strain broth, removing all the remaining bits of veggies.
Reheat broth-seasoning according to taste.