A delicious new take on the classic sloppy joe.
- 1 LB GROUND RAIKES BEEF
- 1 TBSP STEAK SEASONING
- (WE LIKE BILLY'S BUCK'S SMOKEHOUSE RUB)
- SMALL ONION (FINELY CHOPPED)
- SMALL GREEN PEPPER (FINELY CHOPPED)
- 1 CUP BABY PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS (OPTIONAL)
- 3 TBSP WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 1/4 CUP BEEF BROTH
- 1-2 TBSP FLOUR OR CORNSTARCH
- (DEPENDING ON DESIRED THICKNESS)
- SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE
In a large skillet brown the ground beef with steak seasoning. Once most of the pink is gone add the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté with the newly added ingredients for a few minutes. Add Worcestershire Sauce, broth, and the flour or cornstarch. (We recommend combining the flour or cornstarch with a small amount of the broth to make a slurry, this will prevent clumps in the mixture)
Still well to combine, then reduce the heat, and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite cheese on a toasted hoagie, or our favorite - a brioche bun.