Mashup of Philly cheese steak sandwiches and sloppy joes in one dish! Quick and easy weeknight meal made in one skillet. Serve on a bun or over a cauliflower mash for low carb option!
- 1 LB RAIKES BEEF GROUND BEEF
- 1 TBSP FAVORITE STEAK SEASONING (BILLY BUCK'S SMOKEHOUSE RUB IS A FAV)
- SMALL ONION, DICED
- SMALL GREEN PEPPER, DICED
- 1 C BABY PORTOBELLO, CHOPPED
- 1 TBSP WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 1 C BEEF BROTH
- 1-2 TBSP CORNSTARCH (DEPENDING ON DESIRED THICKNESS)
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- 6 PROVOLONE SLICES OR FAVORITE CHEESE
- 6 HAMBURGER BUNS
In a large skillet brown the ground beef with steak seasoning. Once most of pink is gone add the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Saute for a couple of minutes until the onions are soft.
In a measuring cup or small bowl mix together the beef broth and cornstarch together.
Add Worcestershire broth/cornstarch mixture in the pan. Stir well to combine, reduce the heat, and salt/pepper to taste.
Serve with your favorite cheese on a toasted hoagie, or our personal favorite, a brioche bun. Trying to eat on the lighter side, serve with a cauliflower rice or mash. Happy eating!