Thai inspired beef stir-fry that is a balance of flavors (a little spicy, sweet, salty and sour). Serve over jasmine rice with a squeeze of lime juice and cilantro.
- RAIKES BEEF TRI TIP (OR 16 OZ BAVETTE STEAK), THINLY SLICED, AGAINST THE GRAIN
- 2 TSP CORNSTARCH
- 1 TBSP OIL
- 5 CLOVES GARLIC, CHOPPED
- 1/2 RED BELL PEPPER, THINLY SLICED
- HANDFUL GREEN BEANS
- SMALL ONION, THINLY SLICED
- 2 TSP SOY SAUCE
- 1 TSP DARK SOY SAUCE*
- 1 TSP OYSTER SAUCE
- 1 TBSP FISH SAUCE
- 1/2 TSP SUGAR
- 1 CUP THAI BASIL LEAVES**
- CILANTRO, CHOPPED FOR GARNISH
* If you can't find dark soy sauce omit.
**Italian basil works too.
Drizzle oil into wok and heat over high heat. Sear the beef until both sides are just browned, then remove from the wok and set aside in a bowl.
Add the garlic, red pepper, green beans and onion to the work and stir-fry until onions are slightly brown. Go ahead and add the beef back in with the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Stir-frying another few seconds to mix it all up. Fold in the basil until it's just wilted.
Serve over jasmine rice, a squeeze of lime juice and sprinkle of cilantro. If you want to take up the heat, add a squeeze of Sriracha. Enjoy!